Frequently Asked Questions

1. How do I get a vehicle decal?

ALARACT 343/2011 eliminated vehicle registration requirement for DoD decals as a mandatory requirement for access to military installations. Decals are no longer available as of 1 Sept 2012

2. Who do I call for MP assistance?

Call the MP Desk at (804) 734-7400 this office is located at the MP Station in Building 8526. If you have an emergency, call 911!

3. Do the civilian police have arrest powers?

Yes, they are sworn officers with complete enforcement authority. Please ensure that you follow their directions.

4. Who can visit the post?

Anyone with a valid purpose may enter the post who has: a valid Federal PIV or DoD identification, or has been vetted and received a pass. Youth under 18 years of age do not need to have photo identification but it is strongly encouraged. Access is subject to change based upon force protection conditions. See our access information page

5. What identification do I need to enter post?

  1. DoD Common Access Card (CAC)
  2. DD Form 2A (ACT) (Active Duty Military Identification Card)
  3. DD Form 2 (ACT/RES) (Armed Forces of the United States-Geneva Conventions Identification Card (Active and Reserve)
  4. DD Form 2 (RET) (United States Uniformed Identification Card (Retired))
  5. DD Form 2S (ACT/RES) (Armed Forces of the United States-Geneva Conventions Identification Card (Active and Reserve))
  6. DD Form 2S (RET/RES RET) (United States Uniformed Identification Card (Retired and Reserve Retired))
  7. United States Government issued authenticated Federal PIV credentials.
  8. DD 1173, United States Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Card (persons over the age of 18)

Those without the above listed Identification will be required to have a background check done and obtain a visitors pass, see our access information page

6. Where is the traffic court?

Traffic Court is held every other Monday in the Federal Court at 701 E Broad Street, Richmond, VA.

7. How do I get a copy of a police report?

Proof of identification is needed in order to receive a copy of a police report. Completed requests must be presented to the Administrative Section by the requester, with proper identification and authorization. see our Administrative section page

8. What if I lose my ticket?

Call the Central Violations Bureau at (800) 827-2982. The CVB can assist with court dates, lost tickets, and payment inquiries.

9. How do I reschedule a court date?

Call the U.S. District Court Clerk at (804) 916-2234

10. Who do I call to make a complaint?

Call the Police Desk at 734-7400. This office is located at the MP Station, Building 8526 OR use ICE on our Home Page.

11. How do you pick a vehicle to inspect?

We assign a random number each day. The Gate Personnel count the number of vehicles that pass the gate and if your vehicle is inspected. We record each vehicle inspected to ensure that this procedure is followed.

12. Can I bring a concealed weapon on post?

No, concealed weapons are unauthorized on Fort Lee unless the individual is a law enforcement officer in the performance of his/her official duties.

13. Where do I register my weapons?

At the Weapon Registration Office, co-located with the VCC in the Dukes Welcome Center.

Active duty military assigned to Fort Lee need to complete the Weapon Registration form “Fort Lee Form 694 Mil Wpn Reg” (one for each weapon). All others will use “Fort Lee Form 694-1 Civ Wpn Reg” (one for each weapon). Bring completed forms to the Weapon Registration Office ... DO NOT BRING the weapon.

For Military personnel, once the background check has been approved, take the form(s) and have it signed by the company commander, then return them to the registration office to complete the process.

See our Weapon Registration page

14. Do my weapons have to be registered?

Yes, any weapons that will be brought onto post must be registered prior to bringing it on the installation.

Last Updated: 2/15/2018 9:57:23 PM

Disclaimer for External Links
The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the U.S. Army of this Web site or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the U.S. Army does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD Web site.