Retirement Services Office
Provides information and services on benefits and entitlements to active duty Soldiers and families preparing for retirement and to retirees and families.
Open Monday - Friday 0730-1630
Retirement Services Office
1401 B Avenue
Bldg. 3400, Room 107
Fort Lee, VA 23801-1724
Pre-Retirement Briefings: Please call RSO at (804) 734-6973/6555 for an appointment; DSN 687
Retirement Ceremonies: (804) 734-7903; DSN 687
Survivor Benefit Plan: Individual Soldier and spouse can call for an appointment.
Upcoming Events and Newsletters
Retiree Appreciation Day:
- 22Sep12 After Action
Upcoming: Date to be Determined, 8:30 AM - 1:00 PM at the Soldier Support Center, Bldg 3400
Upcoming: 16 August 2013, 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM in the auditorium in the Soldier Support Center, Bldg 3400.
Retiree Council Meetings:
- April 2011
Upcoming: Date to be Determined, 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM in the AG Conference Room 106, Soldier Support Center, Bldg 3400.
Meetings are scheduled bi-annually.
The Retirement Services Office supports nearly 19,000 retirees and distributes a Retiree News Letter to them annually.
- Coordinates, conducts, and facilitates detailed periodic Pre-Retirement and Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP) group briefings for all retiring Soldiers (highly encourages family members to attend).
- Counsels Soldiers and family members concerning retirement rights, benefits, and privileges.
- Conducts one-on-one SBP counseling for all retiring Soldiers, and their family members.
- Conducts one-on-one (desk-side) Pre-Retirement briefings (mandatory).
- Assists retiring Soldiers and family members with completion of the DD Form 2656 (Data for Payment of Retired Personnel).
- Processes the DD Form 2656 electronically using TRANSPROC to the Department of Defense Finance and Accounting Services, Cleveland (DFAS-CL).
- Provides CSB/REDUX retirement pay option counseling, and processing of the CSB/REDUX pay option election form, DD Form 2839 (If assigned as the Installation CSB/REDUX Program Manager).
- Other services and related information (if assigned those duties) related to pre-retirement services, such as, retirement application processing, retirement orders and DD Form 214 processing, and final out-processing procedures.
- Counsels and assists survivors of retired Soldiers, and Soldiers who die on active duty regarding their SBP options and entitlements, and the proper processing of their SBP elections, which includes counseling on Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC) and its relationship to SBP.
- Publishes and mails retiree newsletters at least annually.
- Publishes periodic articles for installation and local newspapers.
- Conducts an annual Retiree Appreciation Day (RAD).
- Provides information and filing assistance for the "Annuities for Certain Military Surviving Spouses" -or ACMSS, also known as "Forgotten Widows".
- Provides information and assistance to Soldiers, spouses, and former spouses regarding the Uniformed Services Former Spouse's Protection Act (USFSPA).
- Assists/advises retired Soldiers in understanding and applying for Combat-Related Special Compensation (CRSC).
- Provides information to retired Soldiers on Concurrent Retirement and Disability Payments (CRDP).
- Assists retired Soldiers and family members in obtaining: copies of lost documents (i.e., DD Form 214, retirement orders, and medical records); re-issuance of military awards; and issuance of military ID Cards.
- Provides retired Soldiers and their families with information and referrals on a myriad of other benefits entitlements including Veterans Affairs (VA), TRICARE medical dental; Social Security Medicare benefits; and others.
Other Post-Retirement Services
The following services are provided using the Defense Finance and Accounting Service, Cleveland (DFAS-CL) Defense Retired Annuity Pay System (DRAS):
- View retired Soldier’s pay account
- View annuitants pay account
- Change allotments
- Change beneficiary information
- Change mailing address
- Change bank information
- Change tax filing and withholding status
- Request copies of the 1099-R form for tax filing purposes
- Request copies of the Retired Account Statement
The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the U. S. Army of this web site or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the U. S. Army does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD web site.
- Army Career & Alumni Program (email)
- Army Community Services
- Army G1 Website
- Army Reserve Personnel Command
- Army Retirement Services
- Kenner Army Clinic: 1-866-645-4584
- Missing Records/Awards
- Retiree Dental Plan
- Social Security Administration
- Veteran's Services and Benefits
- Worldwide Relocation Information
- Worldwide Relocation Tools
- DA Form 4187
- DA Form 4187-1
- DD Form 214
- DD Form 2860 (Combat Related Special Compensation)
- Endorsement Memorandum
- Officer Retirement Request
- Fort Lee Activities Out Processing Requirements & Points of Contact
If you have problems with the webpage, click here to email the webmaster.