Mission: To provide the most efficient in- and out-processing for Fort Lee Soldiers.
Location, Hours and Contact Information
Soldier Support Center
1401 B Ave, Room 103
Fort Lee, VA 23801-1724
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (closed federal holidays)
Phone: (804) 734-7784 / (804) 734-6722 / (804) 734-7752; DSN: 687
Fax: (804) 765-3533; DSN 539
Email the Personnel Services Branch
- Fort Lee unit out-processing checklist
- Fort Lee activities out-processing requirements and points of contact
- Personnel Services Branch
- Transition Services
- Soldier for Life - Retirement Services Office
- Soldiers must out-process in uniform.
- Soldiers must schedule a final-out appointment through their unit S-1 at least 10 working days before their planned departure date. Final-out appointments are mandatory.
- Soldiers must submit a leave form (DA Form 31) to the DHR at least 10 working days before their final-out appointment
- In most cases, the final-out appointment will be the last duty day before the Soldier's leave begins. In other cases, the final-out appointment may be the day the leave begins.
- Soldiers should schedule their housing appointment two days prior to their final out appointment date.
- Soldiers must attend a mandatory finance briefing. These are every Wednesday at 8 a.m. in the Soldier Support Center, Room 124.
- Soldiers should contact their designated records clerk at least two working days prior to their final-out appointment to verify that activities have been cleared.
- Enlisted Personnel with last names beginning with A - L: (804) 734-7784
- Enlisted Personnel with last names beginning with M - Z: (804) 734-7089
- Officer/Warrant Officer Personnel: (804) 734-7751
Documents Needed for Out-processing
- DA Form 31, Leave Form, signed by the unit commander
- Two copies of orders and amendments
- DD Form 93 / SGLI with current year and month
- DA Form 137-1, Unit Clearance Form, signed by the unit commander or 1SG
- Copy of housing/barracks clearance (if applicable)
- DA Form 4036-R, Medical Form *
- Force Protection Briefing memorandum signed by S-2 for assignments to Germany, Korea, Middle East, etc; not needed for Hawaii or Alaska
* = applies if being reassigned overseas
If you have any problems with this webpage, click email the webmaster.