Master Planning Division
The Master Planning Office provides a Master Plan for the future of Fort Lee and also provides Real Property matters, i.e. space assignments, facilities control and real estate documents. The office establishes the Real Property vision IAW the Strategic Plan, data on existing conditions, goals and objectives related to the vision, the Future Development Plan as per requirements and the Master Plan as per the five components. The Master Planning Office assists the schools/agencies on Fort lee to obtain new facilities to satisfy their requirements.
Master Planning Division Sections
Master Planning Section handles the master planning for the Installation which includes:
- Managing new construction for Military Construction, Army and Non-Appropriated Projects (>750K) with the Norfolk District Corps of Engineers
- Developing the Real Property Master Plan including land use maps and future development plans
- Execution of the Installation Design Guide
- Developing Requirement Analysis Studies, DD Form 1391s, and project designs
- Coordinating Planning and Design Charrettes for future projects
- Assisting Norfolk District Corps of Engineers with Technical Evaluation Boards (contractor selection process)
- Ensuring Guidance provided by AR 210-20 Real Property Master Planning for Army Installations is followed
BCO coordinates all of the new BRAC Projects which includes:
- Siting of projects
- Participating in the design and construction with the Norfolk District Corps of Engineers
- Design comment resolution meetings
- Liaison between the end-user and the Corps/contractor
- Acceptance of the facilities
- Coordinating and tracking warranty items
Real Property plans and completes:
- All real estate transactions and property management activities
- Programs for the transfer, acquisition, exchange, management, utilization and disposal of real estate
- Permits , easements and right of way for utilities construction, roads, pipelines, communication lines, drainage ponds, leases, etc.
- Reports of Availability for out-grants such as leases, licenses, easements and permits.
- Capital improvement projects and new construction as it relates to the Real Property/Real Estate mission requirements