The Housing Services Office is located in the Soldier Support Center at 1401 B Avenue, Suite 101, Fort Lee, VA. The hours are 0730 to 1630 Monday - Friday, (804) 765-1963, 765-2016, 765-3862 or 765-1597.
On-Post Family Housing information click on http://www.lee.pinnaclefamilyhousing.com/
Unaccompanied Personnel Housing (Permanent Party) Office is located at Building 8401, telephone 804-734-3977. For information regarding Bldgs 8402/8133 dial 804-734-3207/3977; for Bldgs. 8401/8150/8408 dial 804-734-6156/3977. Hours are 0800 to 1700 Monday –Friday.
All single permanent party Service Members E5 and below must reside in the Barracks.
All military personnel reporting to Fort Lee are required to report to the Housing Services Office for inprocessing. Personnel on Permissive TDY must provide their leave form for validation on the first day of arrival. Failure to do this could result in leave being charged to the Service Member
HSO is designed to assist Service Members, Retirees, and Civilians looking for a place to call home or needing relocation assistance. If you are inbound to Fort Lee, your point of contact for any questions you may have concerning housing in the local area is HSO. For those leaving Fort Lee, HSO can also assist you with information about your next duty station and the availability of housing as well as other support functions at your new location.
The HSO staff keeps abreast of local market conditions and landlord-tenant laws.
The HSO vision is to:
Provide an Array of Quality Services for a Global Community of Customers
HSO Services Include:
- Guidance and assistance to all incoming and departing personnel
- Assisting customers with all housing needs.
- Permissive TDY Stamp
- Resources in the form of computer support, telephone, fax
- Listing of available units for rent/purchase
- Maps and guidebooks
- Information on local schools, colleges, and points of interest
- Information on the military Utilities Deposit Wavier Program
- Serve as a liaison between tenant and landlord to resolve disagreements
RESOURCES FOR TODAY MARKET CRISIS:
- The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) 2009: MakingHomeaffordable.gov
- Housing Assistance Program (HAP): hap.usace.army.mil
The following information is provided to assist Families who will be renting in the off post communities surrounding Fort Lee:
- Know what you are looking for. When you are considering potential rental units, do not allow yourself to be rushed; consider what the most important priority is for you. Is it location, quality, proximity to work, space etc? If you have any questions, call your HSO
- Ensure the lease contains a written military clause that would enable you to terminate your lease in the event that you receive Permanent Change of Duty Station (PCS) orders or deployment orders longer than 90 days, otherwise you could be liable for the remainder of the rent due until the end of your lease
- If you have or plan to obtain a pet, be sure you that your rental is pet friendly.
- To qualify for an apartment, your income should be at least 3-4 times the annual rent. When applying for an apartment/house a credit check is normally required. Be sure you read all documents that you sign very carefully. Once you have signed the lease, you have entered into a legal contract. All agreements must be written and acknowledged by both parties. Your HSO or Staff Judge Advocate Office is available to answer any questions you may have regarding your lease.
- Renter’s insurance should be carefully considered. HSO has a list of providers on hand.
- Know your current and former landlord contact info. This information can be used as references at your next duty station.
For temporary lodging information, you may call 804-733-6700 or 733-4100. The Lodging office is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
For Other Helpful Housing Resources to include locating offpost housing, rental laws, and Military and Community Policies visit the sites listed below:
Hours and Phone Numbers of Services
|Housing Services Office Chief - HSO (Offpost)||0730-1630 ET||539-1597||(804) 765-1597|
|HSO||0730-1630 ET||539-1963||(804) 765-1963/2016/3862|
|HSO Office FAX||0830-1700 ET||539-1952||(804) 765-1952|
|Pinnacle - (On Post Family Housing)||0830-1730 ET||N/A||(804) 733-1558|
|Pinnacle FAX||0830-1730 ET||N/A||804-722-4358|
|Unaccompanied Personnel Housing Chief (UPH)||0800-1700 ET||687-3977||(804) 734-3977|
|Bldg 8402/8133||0800-1700 ET||687-3977||(804) 734-3207|
|Bldg 8401/8150/8408||0800-1700 ET||687-3977||(804) 734-6156|