Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT) Logistics Readiness Center (LRC)
Hazardous Materials Management Program (HMMP)
All post organizations are required to participate in the Hazardous Material Management Program (HMMP). For more information feel free to call the Foreman Hazardous Material Specialist at the HMCC at 734-5243. The Installation policy and plan are available online.
The purpose of this program is to establish policies and procedures for the life cycle management of HAZMAT on Fort Lee as well a s the following:
- Cradle-to-grave management of HAZMAT through the use of the Enterprise Environmental, Safety and Occupational Health Management Information System (EESOH-MIS) (CAC Authentication Required).
- Establish the authorized life cycle procedures to be followed by all Fort Lee organizations and tenants when acquiring and turning in HAZMAT.
- Establish regulatory compliance and inventory management procedures for all HAZMAT consumed during training or maintenance activities on the installation.
- Implement environmental stewardship with respect to HAZMAT including: reduce inventories, reduce the generation of hazardous waste, provide a safer work environment through the use of authorized environmentally safe materials, and green procurement savings.
- Create Standing Operating Procedures (SOP) to promote consistency in performance.
The HMCC, building 6212, has Hours of Operation Monday through Friday 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM EST excluding federal holidays and post closures due to adverse weather conditions etc. Anticipated closures will be announced as far in advance as practical via postings and electronic mail.