Fort Lee Force Protection Condition
There are five FPCONs:
(1) FPCON NORMAL. Applies when a general global threat of possible terrorist activity exists and warrants a routine security posture. As a minimum, access control will be conducted at all DOD installations and facilities. The minimum FPCON for U.S. Army commands is NORMAL.
(2) FPCON ALPHA. Applies when there is an increased general threat of possible terrorist activity against personnel or facilities, and the nature and extent of the threat are unpredictable. ALPHA measures must be capable of being maintained indefinitely.
(3) FPCON BRAVO. Applies when an increased or more predictable threat of terrorist activity exists. Sustaining BRAVO measures for a prolonged period may affect operational capability and military-civil relationships with local authorities.
(4) FPCON CHARLIE. Applies when an incident occurs or intelligence is received indicating some form of terrorist action or targeting against personnel or facilities is likely. Prolonged implementation of CHARLIE measures may create hardship and affect the activities of the unit and its personnel.
(5) FPCON DELTA. Applies in the immediate area where a terrorist attack has occurred or when intelligence has been received that terrorist action against a specific location or person is imminent. This FPCON is usually declared as a localized condition. FPCON DELTA measures are not intended to be sustained for an extended duration.